Saturday, February 27, 2010

Packing? What Packing?



Okay, anyone who knows me will appreciate that I have packed and re-packed for this trip a dozen times already. I never leave anything to the last minute (except housework) and so one week before we are leaving our bedroom looks like the lost and found at Macy's. Stuff everywhere. As I said in an earlier post, my biggest conundrum is not knowing what the weather has in store for us. I don't give any thought to trying to "not look like a tourist." I AM a tourist. I AM coming in on a fancy cruise ship. There's no denying the obvious. I am actually looking forward to that "ah" moment when I realize what the "really important, necessary, can't live without" item is that I forgot. One week until liftoff...

2 comments:

  1. Remember that you'll want to buy things on the trip, too! :) If you find that something is essential that's you've forgotten, just buy it on the trip. I always take too little and an extra empty bag when I travel! I love the Rick Steves advice on packing light.

    We traveled for a month around Europe (two adults and two children) with one large backpack, one medium, and two empty (they didn't stay that way for long) kid backpacks. When we came home, we were surprised at the things we took and hadn't used! :)

    I'm so excited about your adventure and I look forward to reading about it every step of the way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lisa. Yes, I agree that the best way to go is to "under pack." I still have room in my suitcases, but they are heavy. I'm hoping the hair conditioner, vitamins and books (gotta have the books) will be used up along the way making room (i.e. weight) for the stuff I acquire enroute. Glad to have you onboard. I hope this blog turns out to be somewhat amusing...

    ReplyDelete