Saturday, February 6, 2010

One Month to Go...

In exactly four weeks we'll be heading out to Phoenix for the flight to Honolulu. I have been slowly adding stuff to the big plastic bin--the "staging area"--for what I'm taking. Tom's going primal; he's using a cardboard box. The bin/box is almost full, which means I'm going to have all manner of personal care items (toothpaste, nair clippers, pens, four pairs of glasses, dozens of paperback books and so on) but no clothes. So, something's got to go. It won't be the books. Tom bought me an e-book reader for Christmas but I took it back. I have a "thing" about real hold-in-your-hand-turn-the page books. I know I will buy an e-reader one of these days, but it's like the Three Bears: one's too small, one's too big (and expensive, and you know who you are, Steve Jobs) and one's just right (but it isn't available yet). So, I wait. And I pack about five pounds of books that will be scuttled once read.

No comments:

Post a Comment